Friday, September 4, 2015

Preparing for the end

Now that I have finished the first draft of Book 5 ("Capitol Punishment") with still a lot of work left to get it into shape, it is time to prepare for Book 6 (which currently is a very bare bones outline - a fact which frightens me a little).

In doing so, I am forced to confront the fact that Book 6 will definitely be the last book of what I am calling "Volume One".

The character's story arc will effectively resolve by the end of that novella, and it feels like the perfect place to rest the series for a while.

Book Seven begins a new story arc that I am actually quite excited about, so Jeremiah will definitely return for a Volume Two, but there is most certainly a need to pause after Book 6 is released.  (This will also allow me to focus on some other projects which I have been developing.)

I think once you, the readers, get to the end of Book 6 (which, of course, will not be released for almost another two months) you will see why it is a great place to press the 'pause' button.

There is still a lot of excitement to go before then, however, and I hope you will be looking forward to the adventures in Books Five and Six which still lay ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment